The mission for the Salisbury-Rowan Utilities Department is to provide quality water and wastewater services to the Region that protect the environment, promote public health, improve the quality of life, and maintain the public trust by:
- Providing high quality customer service
- Properly maintaining and upgrading equipment and facilities to cost-effectively meet environmental regulations and future customer needs
- Utilizing innovative and effective treatment and operational methods
- Attracting, retaining and rewarding qualified staff and providing them with a safe and efficient workplace
Salisbury-Rowan Utilities is committed to providing our customers and communities with a safe and plentiful supply of water both now and in the future! Salisbury-Rowan Utilities currently serves residential and business customers in the cities of Rockwell, Salisbury, Spencer, East Spencer and Granite Quarry.
Several historical and cooperative agreements have taken place between the public and private sectors during that last few years. One great example of this partnership is between your city and county governments. The City of Salisbury and Rowan County continue to work together to extend dependable water service to many additional areas in our county. As a result of this partnership, the utilities operations of the City of Salisbury continue their remarkable transformation into a countywide supplier of quality water and wastewater service.
What are some of the benefits to Rowan County?
- Creates a positive impact on drought stricken areas
- Expands the tax base for all citizens
- Promotes joint planning and strong partnerships
- Provides a more reliable water supply
We believe that together, we can make a difference for ourselves, for our neighbors, for our present, and for our future. We welcome your questions, comments, and input.
Administration, Engineering, Utility Planning and GIS
These groups function collectively to serve as the central management and administration source and engineering support for activities, operations, and projects related to Salisbury-Rowan Utilities (SRU). Our offices are located at 1 Water Street, just a few blocks from downtown Salisbury.
Backflow and Cross Connection